Subscribers are the lifeblood of almost any good business online. Subscribers means having a group of people that volunteered to listen to what you have to say! That’s super powerful. It also means you have your own ability to drive traffic. Want more traffic? Just send an email. Got booted from Google? No worries, send an email.
Recently I came across an amazing video interview between Corbett Barr and Derek Halpern about how he built his subscriber count to 17K in a very short amount of time. Here are a few things Derek shares in the interview:
- Why Derek doesn’t subscribe to the “1,000 true fans” rule
- The one decision Derek made early on that set the stage for Social Trigger’s incredible growth
- Derek’s strategy for making it easier to win in your niche
- How Derek identified his blog’s “secret sauce”
- The overlooked place you can rely on for breakthrough topic ideas
- How you can become known for your most powerful ideas
- Why you’re shooting yourself in the foot by promoting your social media accounts on your website
- The most important thing to accomplish with your next blog post
If you don’t know Derek, get ready to have your mind blown. He’s an incredibly smart marketer. His experience and track record online constantly reinforce that fact.
So take a few minutes to check out this interview. You’ll be glad you did.